Using castor oil for hair care is one of the oldest beauty treatments dating back to ancient Egyptian times. The oil contains a wide variety of minerals and fatty acids which are essential for growing strong and healthy hair. Castor oil is a clear, colorless, thick and luxurious oil that is jam-packed full of healthy nutrients obtained from castor bean seeds (Ricinus Communis) by pressing them to extract the oil.
Castor Oil for Hair Growth
Since Castor Oil has scalp rejuvenating functions, it can help stimulate the growth of hair by increasing circulation in your scalp. The increased blood circulation caused by the castor oil will improve the flow of nutrients to your hair shaft helping them to grow.
The following is a short tutorial on how to use Castor Oil for Hair Growth:
- Section your hair in manageable parts
- Rub Castor Oil on your exposed, making sure to massage the oil in for a few minutes.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and let it sit for a few hours or overnight
- Wash off the oil and repeat the procedure at least 2-4 times a week for maximum results
Castor Oil for Hair Regrowth
To use castor oil for hair regrowth, it is usually mixed with coconut oil since castor oil is very thick and viscous. You can use emu oil or olive oil as well to mix in a half and half ratio for hair growth by doing the following:
- Mix castor oil with olive oil, coconut oil, or emu oil in a 50:50 ratio.
- Part your hair into manageable sections
- Apply the castor oil mixture to the hair sections and the scalp until all your hair are covered
- Wrap your hair and let sit for 3 hours up to overnight.
- Wash your hair and marvel at home soft and manageable it is.
To benefit from the castor oil for hair regrowth, you need to do this for 3 to 4 times a week for a few weeks
Castor Oil for Hair Darkening
Some people do want to make their hair appear darker and richer, and that is where using castor oil comes in. The nutrients and the humectant effect of the oil helps the hair retain moisture and it look darker. To do this, get a pea sized amount of the oil and mix it with your leave-on hair conditioner or hair mousse and distribute on your hair evenly.
Castor Oil for Eyelashes Growth
To begin using castor oil on eyelashes, purchase an all-natural castor oil. Keep the oil in an easily accessible place next to your toiletries. This should help you remember to apply the oil before you go to bed at night. While you can use castor oil throughout the day, applying the oil at night will give it the greatest amount of time to saturate and begin growing eyelashes.
Before applying castor oil to your lashes, wash your face, paying careful attention to remove your eye makeup. Once your makeup has been removed, dip a clean mascara wand in castor oil. Tap any excess oil off the wand and apply the oil starting at the base of your lashes. While using castor oil for eyelashes, be careful not to get the oil in your eyes. If the oil does get in your eyes, immediately flush the area with water to avoid irritation.sources: www.castoroil.org www.wisegeek.com